[Kea-users] How do I list current IPv4 leases? (INTERNAL)

Weisteen Per per.weisteen at telenor.no
Tue Jun 6 11:28:41 UTC 2023

Hi

Simple question, how do I get a list of all current leases when using memfile as database backend?

Initially I thought I could just get correct data from /var/lib/kea/kea-leases4.csv by parsing that file using a Python script. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to always give me the complete list. Seems I'm almost always missing some leases.
Then I tried to use kea-shell querying the kea-dhcp4 server via kea-ctrl agent but I can't get that to work. Would that be because Host Commands or Control Agent commands is not just for ISC support customers?

KEA dhcp has been installed using isc-kea-2-0.repo on RHEL 8.5.

Any suggestions on how to get a consistent list of all leases are most welcome.

Best regards,
./PerW