[Kea-users] Kea 2.3.3 Initial Install with PostgreSQL on Proxmox CT Ubuntu 22.04

tech at chaoticreality.com tech at chaoticreality.com
Thu Jan 26 04:52:18 UTC 2023

Utilizing Ubuntu 22.10 with kea 2.2.0 I ran into the same error I was having
with the other instance. I finally discovered what the error was. It was the
password. I guess there are some characters that either the kea-admin does
not like or pgsql does not like.  I believe one of those might be an
exclamation point. The passwords I use are all random generated 12 +
character, and I did not think of that being a limitation. For example the
password I was previously trying to use was: K!Z.LU!.sN46 in this case the
error message became more meaningful as the ! was toward the beginning of
the string. So I was presented with more data to understand what was going
on

root at koronis:/# kea-admin db-init pgsql -u keadbuser -p K!Z.LU!.sN46 -n
isckea

-bash: !Z.LU!.sN46: event not found

root at koronis:/#

Changed the password to a different all numeric password and I have moved
past that piece.