[Kea-users] Using DHCP Relays

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Jan 23 08:43:47 UTC 2023

Am 23.01.23 um 07:52 schrieb Klaus Steden:

> This is what we added to our Kea configs to deal with the encapsulated
> requests:
>
> """"
>      "option-def": [
>        {
>          "name": "link",
>          "code": 150,
>          "space": "relay-cisco",
>          "type": "ipv4-address",
>          "record-types": "",
>          "array": false,
>          "encapsulate": ""
>        },
>        {
>          "name": "server-id",
>          "code": 152,
>          "space": "relay-cisco",
>          "type": "ipv4-address",
>          "record-types": "",
>          "array": false,
>          "encapsulate": ""
>        }
>   ],
> """
>
> We're using UDP sockets and the shared-networks option, with the relays
> in a separate file (as a JSON-formatted list):
>
> """
>      "shared-networks": [
>        {
>          "name": "my-site-relays",
>          "relay": {
>            "ip-addresses": <?include "/etc/kea/kea-relay4.json"?>
>          },
>          "subnet4": [
>            <?include "/etc/kea/kea-pool4.json"?>
>          ]
>        }
>      ],
> """
>
> Hopefully this is useful to you ...
>
> cheers,
> Klaus

Thanks @Klaus for these snippets. I hope I don't need them ;-)

I think I don't need "shared subnets" in my case, for example.

I currently wait for the admin there to call me back, then we will try
to test drive the relay setup. Currently ~85 leases in 4 subnets active,
we'll see.

Unsure how the active leases will be handled, looking forward to see the
behavior. Either it works or ... not.