[Kea-users] IPV6 client gets the wrong IP for sometime after a reboot

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 11:32:03 UTC 2023

The trouble is that the server has no way to know it’s the same client if the DUID is unstable.  If the mac address is available, you can assign a reservation based on that.  Then it wouldn’t matter what DUID the client provides.  This is the same behavior as in ISC DHCP concerning DHCPv6.  It is defined in RFC 8415.  Basically: The DUID must be present and the client must use the same DUID.  The server must use that as the identifier to assign leases.