[Kea-users] Load-Balancing Network issue between Relay and Kea

Kevin P. Fleming lists.kea-users at kevin.km6g.us
Mon Jan 9 18:38:31 UTC 2023

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023, at 11:54, Veronique Lefebure wrote:
> Very interesting thread.
>
> Mathias, you wrote "Expected behaviour: Kea 2 sees the unacked clients of Kea 1 and sets Kea 1 in partner-down state and handles all requests.", but, If there is no traffic between DHCP clients and Kea1, then the value of max-unacked-clients on server1 cannot increase anyway, right ?  In other words, Kea2 cannot "see" anything ?

It can 'see', because it *also* saw all of the client requests and knows which ones it expected to be handled by Kea1 (as noted earlier in the thread it even emits a log message indicating this).

Forgive my presumption, but I assumed that 'max-unacked-clients' would be a counter of 'unacked clients' which belong to a Kea server *other than this one*. I don't immediately know how counting the number of clients *this server* has not acked would be useful, although I won't be surprised to learn that it is useful to someone.