[Kea-users] Disable multicast Listening

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:24:54 UTC 2023

I’m assuming we are talking about DHCPv6 here.

I don’t believe there is a way to cause the server to not listen to the multicast address.  I believe RFC 8415 requires that the server listen on that address.  You could limit the server to listening on the loopback interface.  Then you could use the server’s firewall to forward traffic sent to port 567 to the server on the loopback interface.  You’d probably need to set something like this:

"interfaces-config": {
        "interfaces": [ “lo/::1" ]
    }

and then forward to ::1 using the firewall.

Disclaimer: I’ve never tried that but it might work.