[Kea-users] Monitoring a Kea cluster

Marek Greško marek.gresko at protonmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:27:49 UTC 2023

Hello,

I was observing similar issues. I currently workarounded it by setting:

            "service-sockets-require-all": false,
            "service-sockets-max-retries": 1000,
            "service-sockets-retry-wait-time": 10000

I am not sure the workaround is good enough, but I did not observe such problems since setting these parameters. Hope it will fix it forever. Without the first line kea exited when interfaces were not up, if I remember well, and the other two lines keeps retrying to listen the interfaces which will come up later. Without them kea ceases listening on those interfaces not being up at the moment.

I also do not understand why such tweaking is needed. If I configure kea to listen on an interface I expect it to respond on it any time it comes up. Very weird software.

Marek

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.