[Kea-users] Load-Balancing Network issue between Relay and Kea

Mathias Aichinger mathias.aichinger at easysol.at
Mon Jan 2 00:11:29 UTC 2023

Hi,

I currently playing around with the HA and load balancing and I one question appeared:

Scenario:

Multiple DHCP-Relays at different sites with both KEA-Servers as DHCP-Servers. Both servers are available and the load balancing shifts the requests between the two servers.

Incident: Because of a network issue Kea 1 is not available from the clients. The network connection between Kea 1 and Kea 2 still works, so no partner-down state.

Expected behaviour: Kea 2 sees the unacked clients of Kea 1 and sets Kea 1 in partner-down state and handles all requests.

Experienced behaviour: Kea 2 still reports HA_BUFFER4_RECEIVE_NOT_FOR_US and does not handle the requests

Is there a misunderstanding or configuration mistake on my side?

{
         "library": "/usr/local/lib/kea//hooks/libdhcp_ha.so",
         "parameters": {
           "high-availability": [
             {
               "this-server-name": "server2",