[Kea-users] got unexpected keyword "valid-lifetime" in reservations map.

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:35:27 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I am using the kea-dhcp of 2.2.0 version, I am trying to add a reservation
entry along with a valid lifetime option value but I am facing the syntax
issue saying "got unexpected keyword "valid-lifetime" in reservations map".

kea-dhcp4 -t kea-dhcp4.conf. --> syntax validator
Syntax check failed with:  kea-dhcp4.conf  :59.7-22: got unexpected keyword*
"valid-lifetime" in reservations map.*

I took a sample example from the forums and tried as below:
"subnet4": [{
        "subnet": "4.0.0.0/16",
        "valid-lifetime": 3600,
        "option-data": [
            {
                "data": "test.com",
                "name": "domain-name"
            },
            {
                "data": "255.255.0.0",
                "name": "subnet-mask"
            },
            {
                "data": "99.99.99.99",
                "name": "routers"
            }
        ],
        "pools": [{
"pool": "4.0.0.2-4.0.0.202"
        }],
        "id": 843191
    }],
 "reservations": [
    {
      "hw-address": "01:23:45:67:89:ab",
      "ip-address": "4.0.0.223",
      "hostname": "example.com",
  *    "valid-lifetime": 86400*
    }
  ]

I tried moving the reservation section inside the subnet but still I get
the same, Can someone who has familiarity with reservation entries can
guide me ?

Thanks in advance
Kraishak