[Kea-users] kea docker

mtint hpc hpcmtint at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 13:40:47 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I am new to Kea and Docker.

Looking to replace existing DHCP service + IPAM from Efficient IP to docker
based DHCP server running Kea + phpIPAM.

See many guides on how to do this – This seemed to be good -
https://github.com/xjasonlyu/docker-kea-dhcp4/tree/master. Env I have is
secured and is not connect to the internet directly, and I have downloaded
deb files manually and install it.

I assume that should do the trick and since I have new to docker also I
need a test env to test this.
My desktop which is Ubuntu is running the docker and I assume the only way
to test this is to create few docker containers and request IP from kea
DHCP.  I know this is going out of scope, but can container setup to use
DHCP and will kea DHCP server broadcast outside the docker network?

Kind Regards,

Michael