[Kea-users] KEA DHCPv6 Server and PD

Kevin P. Fleming lists.kea-users at kevin.km6g.us
Fri Aug 4 19:25:58 UTC 2023

On Fri, Aug 4, 2023, at 11:17, Meinhard Schneider wrote:

> I would be very grateful for any help:
> 1. why doesn't each interface get its own subnet /64?

This is under the control of the DHCPv6 client; it has to request the number of delegated prefixes it wishes to use, and then assign them to interfaces based on its own policy.

It is possible that the client may request more prefixes than the server is willing to grant, though, so the server does have some amount of control over this.