[Kea-users] Unable to get the active lease list in sync with configuration data

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 10:05:30 UTC 2023

Hi All,
I am using the kea-HA in load balance mode, as part of testing I
configured a subnet and set the lease time to "86400", later as part of the
change I changed the scope rang and restarted kea-dhcp4(stopped and
started) but still the lease4-get-all command shows all the old lease as
active.
Command I used to get lease : echo '{"command":"lease4-get-all"}' |
/usr/bin/socat - UNIX:/root/tmp/kea4-ctrl-socket

I stopped kea-DHCP on both servers, deleted all the lease files(kea service
created two lease files with .2 extension remove that too), and then
recreated with empty, and then started one by one but still, the command
gives me the old leases data, Now I removed the HA config and made it
standalone, deleted all the lease files and recreated lease file with empty
data and started again but still, it shows the old lease entries as active.

I tried adding the sanity check section too in the config,  line
*"lease-checks":
"del"* but it looks like it works at the subnet level, if I remove the
subnet then it is not showing the data, but when I add it back the subnet
with the different pool range still I can get the old lease data.

I have two doubts
1)Even after deleting the lease file and deleting the range from the config
file how can the server still have the lease information or from where does
it get the data, Can we reset it manually or do we have any approach that
needs to be followed for the server to auto figure out the lease
entries are not used as the range definition itself is removed from the
config file.

2)lease4-get-all command is not giving the correct data, do we have any way
or any other command where we can get the current active leases without
having old ones?

Thanks In Advance
Kraishak