[Kea-users] Expected/documented behavior for updating kea config via api and removing the generated "id"

Nathan Neulinger nneul at neulinger.org
Mon Apr 17 19:55:02 UTC 2023

I have local code that is producing Kea configuration and updating using API. One thing I noticed recently is that it
doesn't preserve the 'id' value when pushing config to the server. The question I have is - what would the expected
behavior from this be --- in particular related to established leases?

To be clear, I'm not so much "removing" the field, as just pushing a static generated set of config.

Will kea "figure out" that the id of the subnet has changed and adjust the leases automatically in the lease database --
or is this something "You really don't want to do that!" and I need to make sure to retain any existing value for a
subnet if present?

Alternative question - can I explicitly provide an id? If so, what is the allowable range/requirements for the values?

-- Nathan
Nathan Neulingernneul at neulinger.org
Neulinger Consulting                   (573) 612-1412