[Kea-users] Configuring kea-dhp with only spcefied subnets in HA

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:40:16 UTC 2023

Hi Kraishak,

It is currently not possible.  HA is currently an all or nothing
setting in Kea.

Unrelated to your question - Suggestion: You should look at
hot-standby mode instead of the load-balancing mode of Kea, as it is a
much better mode than was available in ISC DHCP.  There really isn't a
good reason to load balance anyway as each server in the pair needs to
be able to handle the load by itself in an outage situation.

Thank you,

Darren Ankney