[Kea-users] Kea-DHCP HA

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 07:12:32 UTC 2023

Hi,

While I am checking for the failover section in the kea guide under the
section

https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.2.0/arm/hooks.html?highlight=trust-anchor#https-support
it says

The three parameters must be either all not specified (HTTPS disabled) or
all specified (HTTPS enabled)
--> I tried the case with empty files
Tried empty values for the fields trust-anchor,cert-file,key-file in
kea-dhcpd.conf in both primary and secondary but It didn't work then later
I made empty the fields also in kea-ctrl-agent.conf but still didn't work,
tried setting the param value require-client-certs and cert-required to
false but still didn't work
Again When I replaced it with a certificate file it worked, so I doubt if
the certificates are mandatory for kea-HA(2.2.0) in the latest version.

And also do we need to run the kea-control agent on both the primary and
failover servers?

Thanks in Advance
Kraishak