[Kea-users] vendor specific dhcp4 options from database

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 13:56:01 UTC 2023

Hi Richard,

You can certainly try to edit the data in the database yourself.  You
still need to tell Kea how to retrieve it though.

Perhaps I misunderstood here, but if you are not storing these options
inside of host reservations, then you will need the configuration
backend: https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.2.0/arm/dhcp4-srv.html#configuration-backend-in-dhcpv4
to load the options.

There are three ways to use the database in Kea: Leases (where lease
assignments by Kea are stored), hosts (where you can store host
reservations and associated data), and most of the configuration
(where part or most of the configuration is stored in the database).
You don't currently (or at least in the configs sent in your first
message) have a part of your configuration loading things that you've
setup in the configuration backend.  This doesn't apply if you're
storing the option data as part of a host reservation.  Then the
hosts-database directive you have is enough.  I couldn't easily tell
what you were doing for sure from the mysql dump you sent and I don't
easily have the ability, at the moment, to restore it to have a look..

Thank you,

Darren Ankney