[Kea-users] dhcp6 address assignment

Marek Greško marek.gresko at protonmail.com
Wed Oct 19 16:59:56 UTC 2022

Hello,

I run into another problems with this. To simplify the migration I use global reservations. I have two definitions for that machine. One for ethernet adapter and one for wifi adapter. Unfortunately the DUID is the same with both interfaces so the kea-dhcp6 cannot start with that configuration. ISC DHCPD6 hed no problem with that and everything was working correctly. It was because I was able to define both mac address and duid. Since I defined different value for mac for wifi there was no conflict.

Probably the only one solution for this is to drop global reservations and switch to per subnet reservations?

Thanks

Marek