[Kea-users] ipv6 prefix delegation

Kevin P. Fleming lists.kea-users at kevin.km6g.us
Wed Nov 30 00:32:38 UTC 2022

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022, at 19:28, Alan Batie wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a kea server to replace our isc-dhcp server and used
> the keama tool to generate a config file. In the ipv6 config, it
> silently commented out all the prefix delegation sections:
>
>          "pd-pools": [
> //          # Customer lan delegated prefixes
> //          "prefix": "2607:f678:2000::",
> //          "delegated-len": 60,
> //          "prefix-highest": "2607:f678:2fff::"
>
> Will kea do prefix delegation?

Yes, as documented in the Kea ARM (Administrator Reference Manual): https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/arm/dhcp6-srv.html#subnet-and-prefix-delegation-pools

Given the nature of the project you are undertaking, it's likely best not to just assume that 'keama' will give you a working and supportable configuration... you'll need to understand how Kea operates and how it is configured as well.