[Kea-users] Assigning unique /64 to each CPE for IA_NA

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:43:20 UTC 2022

The simplest answer is found in the documentation:
https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.2.0/arm/dhcp6-srv.html#subnet-and-prefix-delegation-pools
though your exact implementation may require slightly different
configurations (example: multiple prefix pools).  Example from the
documentation shown below with my comments relating it to the
recommendations you quoted.

"Dhcp6": {
    "subnet6": [
        {
            // this would be the subnet that the CPE will get on the WAN side
            "subnet": "2001:d8b:1::/64",
            "pd-pools": [
                {
                    // this is the subnet you are going to delegate
smaller portions of to the LAN side of the CPE
                    "prefix": "3000:1::",
                    // This is the length of the subnet that you are
going to delegate (example /48)
                    "prefix-len": 64,
                    // this is the size of the delegation you want to
give to the CPE (the recommendations you quoted said /64)
                    "delegated-len": 96
                }
            ]
        }