[Kea-users] How to best update the KEA configuration on a HA hot-standby KEA setup

Dan Oachs doachs at gac.edu
Fri Nov 18 16:03:23 UTC 2022

I am running Kea on RockyLinux8 and RHEL8.  For those systems I usually run
"service kea-dhcp4 reload" and "service kea-dhcp6 reload" anytime I update
the .json configuration files.  And as far as I can tell, when I do that
there are no DHCP replies from the server for 10-20 seconds.  Or at least
nothing is logged during that time.  I have not looked at that very closely
as reloading the Kea service is not very common for us now that it is all
up and running.

--Dan