[Kea-users] JSON hiding user and password to dB...

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Mon May 2 14:38:57 UTC 2022

Kevin P. Fleming writes:
> > I am curious if there is a method to hide the uid and pwd of the user
> > accessing the database as noted within the kea-dhcp4.conf file?  I am
> > concerning that this remain protected on our network.

=> there is a ticket putting database passwords in files as it was done
for the basic HTTP authentication. IMHO (but I am not neutral) this is
good trade-off between security (which can't be done at 100%) and
usability (e.g. people understand well file access rights).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>