[Kea-users] Fw: [kea-dev] Vendor Specific Options (Code 17)

sathish k sat98 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 19:07:20 UTC 2022

________________________________
From: sathish k <sat98 at hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2022 3:02 PM
To: Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>
Cc: kea-dev at lists.isc.org <kea-dev at lists.isc.org>
Subject: Re: [kea-dev] Vendor Specific Options (Code 17)

Hi Francis,
    Thanks again for helping ,  is there a way you can provide a sample config file .  here is my config file , the vendor-ids provided is not real ones . i have 2 vendors configured with code 17 8888 and 9999 and each of these has 2 options defined for address and port .  When i use this as per the spec my relay reply comes with the vendor specified last in the sequence (in this case 8888) .

Thanks for your help

  "option-data": [
       {
        "space": "dhcp6",
        "name": "vendor-opts",
        "code": 17,
        "data": 9999    //  Do you want me to change this to Hex ?? Tried changing this to Hex but service fails to start with error .
      },
       {
        "space": "dhcp6",
        "name": "vendor-opts",
        "code": 17,
        "data": 8888    // Fake VendorID  Do you want me to change this to Hex ?? Tried changing this to Hex but service fails to start with error .
      },
      {
        "space": "vendor-9999",
        "name": "addr",
        "code": 3,
        "data": "fd00::11:ff90", //Do you want me to change this to Hex ??
        "always-send": true
      },
      {
        "space": "vendor-9999",
        "name": "port",
        "code": 4,
        "data": "11000",      // Do you want me to change this to Hex ??
        "always-send": true
},
      {
        "space": "vendor-8888",