[Kea-users] Suppress DDNS for reservations

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Mar 9 08:11:15 UTC 2022

I've enabled DDNS for my subnet but I don't want it used for reservations,
only for the pool. The DNS entries for reservations are manually entered in
my DNS in a higher-level domain. (The pool is entered in the "dhcp"
subdomain which allows updates.)

My subnet is a /16 and the pool is a specific /24 of that. Other /24's are
used for specific functions, including the gateway. So I can't just put the
pool in its own subnet or it will get the wrong mask and won't be able to
reach the gateway.

I can't use ddns-send-updates set to false in a reservation. It only works
in a subnet declaration or at global scope.

What am I missing?