[Kea-users] Kea is tacking on an extra option 12 in DHCP offer message

Rahul Sundaresan rahul at rsun.dev
Tue Jun 7 18:52:00 UTC 2022

Hello,

I'm using Kea 2.1.5

I'm working on a ZTP provisioning system for Junos devices.

In the kea config, I have NOT set up option 12 since I'll be providing
hostname to the device via a ZTP config file.

I took a wireshark capture and noticed this behavior:

 1. In the ZTP process, the Junos device sends its S/N as option 12 in
    the DHCP discover.
 2. Kea takes this option 12 and directly puts it back in the DHCP Offer
    message.
 3. Junos uses this as its hostname instead of whatever I set in the config.

Is there a way to tell Kea to ignore whatever option it receives in DHCP
discover message and not to set option 12 in the DHCP offer?

Thank you