[Kea-users] create Custom DHCPv4 Option for option 121 classless routes

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Jul 12 16:26:47 UTC 2022

Jim Perkins writes:
> I am a home labber and recently installed kea-dhcp4.  I would like some
> guidance on creating a custom dhcpv4 option to simulate dhcp option 121
> classless routes.
>
> This is what I had for a config in isc-dhcp server.
>
> option classless-routes code 121 = array of unsigned integer 8;
> option classless-routes 0, 192,168,0,1, 24, 192,168,1, 192,168,0,1;
>
> How would I create this using kea  custom dhcpv4 options. ?

=> option-def to define the option 121 has an array of uint8,
option-data with a cut and paste of what you use for ISC DHCP.
Note you can use keama to automatize this...

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: it is a bit more hairy when you use records: as in Kea the array flag
is for the option there is an ambiguity between an array of records and
a record where the last field is an array so not all ISC DHCP option
definitions can be translated to Kea.