[Kea-users] Where to configure lease length used by kea-dhcp-ddns

Sandro lists at penguinpee.nl
Tue Jul 12 12:25:11 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have setup kea-dhcp4 to hand out IP addresses and kea-dhcp-ddns to
update DNS (BIND). That works. But I need to tune the TTL used in the
updates.

In the log kea-dhcp-ddns tells me:

Lease Length: 14000

That's also the TTL value used in the zone update. However, it does not
correspond to either `min-valid-lifetime`, `valid-lifetime` nor
`max-valid-lifetime` in kea-dhcp4.conf.

 From the log kea-dhcp4 hands out leases with a lifetime of 42000s,
which is what I set in `valid-lifetime`:

lease 192.168.101.151 has been allocated for 42000 seconds

So, which configuration parameter in either kea-dhcp-ddns.conf or
kea-dhcp4.conf do I need to tune to adjust the TTL used in DDNS updates?

I searched through the manual, but failed to find a hint.

-- Sandro