[Kea-users] Kea logging if request invalid

Joe Botha joe at swimgeek.com
Wed Jan 5 17:45:11 UTC 2022

Hi!

We're running Kea 2.0.1 on Debian 11.

We ran into an issue where a DHCPv6 request comes in but
nothing gets logged.

When enabling debugging, it said something like: "unable
to parse the opaque data tuple, the buffer length is 12,
but the tuple length is 3072" - so we set a compatibility
flag and things worked again.

My question is: in what state can I leave the logging -
non-debug mode, where I can spot something in the logs if
a DHCP packet is rejected / dropped?

--
Swimmingly,
 Joe

swimgeek.com/blog  +27 82 562 6167  instagram.com/joe.swimgeek
      "...all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”