[Kea-users] IPv6 High Availability hooks library not accepting ipv6 address in square brackets for peers?

Dan Oachs doachs at gac.edu
Fri Feb 25 21:36:51 UTC 2022

I currently have ipv6 dhcp working great with high availability and am
trying to set up a pair of dhcpv6 servers.  However when I try to configure
the hook with ipv6 addresses in square brackets as mentioned in the
documentation, I get this error....

HA_CONFIGURATION_FAILED failed to configure High Availability hooks
library: bad url 'http://[2001:db8::1]:8080/': Failed to convert string to
address '[2001:db8::1]': Invalid argument for server

The line in my configuration looks like this...
{"name": "servername","basic-auth-user":
"usernamehere","basic-auth-password": "passwordhere","url":
"http://[2001:db8::1]:8080/","role":
"primary"}

Do I have the configuration wrong, or is there a bug here?  Hopefully I am
missing something simple.

Thanks,
  Dan Oachs