[Kea-users] Option 82 delimiter

Travis C - Surf BB tchesna at surfbroadband.com
Mon Feb 7 13:30:54 UTC 2022

Is there a delimiter or a way to pull the sub-option 2 from option 82
when it is stored in the user context through the store-extended-info
flag? I am using sql for storing leases. So far I do not see a
delimiter, I just see the two sub-options merged together and then stored.

Does anyone have any ideas on a good way to store just the sub-option 2
so it can be recalled? The end goal that I need is IP, hwaddr, and
option82 suboption2. I cant definitively say that suboption 2 will be a
mac address, or X amount of characters, otherwise it wouldnt be too
difficult. I was thinking about using a script and writing into another
table, but that feels sloppy to me and a good way for something to get
missed or out of sync.

Thanks, Travis