[Kea-users] promote passive-backup Backup server to active?

Chad Catlett chad at catlett.info
Thu Feb 3 04:24:35 UTC 2022

I have always interpreted the use case for passive-backup as very much a choose your own adventure scenario.

Unfortunately the admin docs don't really give you enough information to properly arm the foot cannons.

Forewarning: you might be venturing into hic sunt dracones territory.

Here are two maps for your quest:

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/-/wikis/designs/High-Availability-Design

https://reports.kea.isc.org/dev_guide/d3/d96/libdhcp_ha.html

Enjoy