[Kea-users] Can KEA trigger webhooks?

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 11:40:21 UTC 2022

I believe the short answer would be no.  However, as you noted, there is the call to run an external script.  You might be able to do something with that.

If you are just wanting lease information out of Kea when it allocates a lease to someone, have a look at the HA hook (https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.2.0/arm/hooks.html#ha-high-availability-outage-resilience-for-kea-servers)  Specifically the “passive backup” configuration (https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.2.0/arm/hooks.html#passive-backup-configuration) as that will send lease details in JSON to the configured IP and port where you could have some type of application listening to do something with the information.