[Kea-users] PD-Pool hook events

Joe Botha joe at swimgeek.com
Thu Dec 15 06:45:45 UTC 2022

Hi

We’re busy building some Kea hook logic to add PD Pool routes. Using Kea 2.2.

The initial DHCPv6 + PD-Pool hook event includes the single IP lease and the PD-pool route info.

When the PD-pool lease gets renewed the hook does not have the single IP lease info which is used as nexthop for PD route.

Imagine a case where the router now gets rebooted but clients still have leases they are going to renew.

On renew events we do an: ip route replace <PD-route> via <single IP lease>

A solution could be to query the Kea API for the matching single IP lease, but it would be easier to just make this info available on renew events.

Any advice for managing PD-Pool routes?

--
Swimmingly,
 Joe

swimgeek.com/blog  +27 82 562 6167  instagram.com/joe.swimgeek
      "...all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”