[Kea-users] subclass handling in kea-dhcp

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:30:41 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I am looking for the equivalent option of ISC dhcp subclass in kea-dhcp4
but I couldn't find any, I have a case where I need to decline dhcp-lease
grants to given specific mac addresses so trying to match the same in
kea-version but I  couldn't find any sub-class equivalent, can we add the
specific data (here mac address as the members of the specific class) in kea

MY ISC DHCP config
class "denyClients" {
         match substring (hardware, 1, 6);
         deny booting;
}
subclass "denyClients" 11:22:33:44:ab:66;
subclass "denyClients" 11:22:33:43:ab:66;
subclass "denyClients" 11:22:33:42:ab:66;
subnet 12.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
pool {
failover peer "Test";
range 12.0.0.2 12.0.0.2;
deny members of "denyClients";
}
default-lease-time 3600;
 option routers 12.0.0.1;
 option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
}

Can anyone please advise or suggest how to add members to the DHCP class or
the data for which the class should be applied

Thanks in Advance
Kraishak