[Kea-users] KEA subnet client reservation error

Frey, Rick E Rick.Frey at windstream.com
Wed Aug 31 13:46:01 UTC 2022

Don’t know that it would impact host reservations but Kea uses a subnet identifier for associating leases to a given subnet.   If the subnet identifier is not specified (“id” parameter), Kea will auto generate the id based upon order of the subnets in the config.   Thus, if order is changed the id of a given subnet could change.

I specify the “id” for each subnet to avoid such renumbering with changes to subnets in config.

See https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/arm/dhcp4-srv.html#ipv4-subnet-identifier