[Kea-users] Testing project for agile growth...

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Apr 7 22:29:03 UTC 2022

--On Thursday, April 07, 2022 5:14 PM -0500 Nathan Neulinger
<nneul at neulinger.org> wrote:

> Install the 'isc-dhcp-keama' package to get the kea "migration assistant"
> tool.
>
> Then you can run it: keama -4 -i /old/dhcpd.conf -o /tmp/new-dhcpd.conf

Note that this creates a JSON file suitable for use as the new config file.
It does translate your fixed addresses in the old file to reservations in
the new file.

I'm not sure what steps are needed to put those in a PostgreSQL DB as I'm
just deploying reservations from my config file. It's just a tiny LAN and I
don't need that level of control. Perhaps someone here running an
enterprise network has experience with that. Maybe after the initial
startup the reservations get migrated into the back-end DB and you can
remove them from the config file? Or maybe you just need to extract the
JSON reservation stanzas and write a script that converts them to SQL
INSERTs.