[Kea-users] ISC-KEA with MariaDB on Debian Buster Startup Sequence

Ricardo J. Barberis ricardo at palmtx.com.ar
Wed Sep 22 16:39:32 UTC 2021

Hi Peter!

You shouldn't edit files in /usr/lib/systemd/system/ since you'll probably
lose your changes in the next update.

The correct way is to use "systemctl edit isc-kea-dhcp4-server.service" which
will open a file in your default editor where you can append your settings,
e.g.:

[Unit]
After=mysql.service
After=mariadb.service

After you save and exit, this will create a file in /etc/systemd/system/isc-
kea-dhcp4-server.service.d/override.conf with your content, which will be
preserverd after an update.

Cheers!

--
Ricardo J. Barberis