[Kea-users] ISC-KEA with MariaDB on Debian Buster Startup Sequence

PeterP looms_pastels_0f_kea at icloud.com
Wed Sep 22 12:42:32 UTC 2021

Hello,I think this is somewhat of a Linux newbie question, so apologies.I have PowerDNS, KEA (DHCP4 only), and Stork running on Debian Buster all using MariaDB as the back-end.  Everything is up to date as regards versions, at least as far as I am aware, as I run global updates every few days.I am having a problem with the isc-kea-dhcp4-server.service.  Whenever there is a system reboot, this service fails to start.  When I manually restart it later, it works fine.  As far as I can trace, it's a startup sequence issue in relation to having MariaDB as a back-end for Kea.  I looks like Kea is starting first, looking for the MariaDB service and failing because MariaDB has yet to start.How can I change the start order so that the isc-kea-dhcp4-server.service doesn't start until the MariaDB service is up and running?I expect I will have the same issue with the isc-kea-dhcp6-server.service when I eventually start to use it.Thank you,PeterP.