[Kea-users] host-reservation - option 82

Peder Bach pederbach at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 10:33:38 UTC 2021

Hi
I'm a bit new to kea.
I try to find out how we can do host-reservation- based on dhcp option-82,
option 2.- Remote ID.

We got access to the flex-id hook, so far what I have found out, it should
be supported :-)

Can someone poin-point me where to look?

  "host-reservation-identifiers": [ "duid", "hw-address", "flex-id" ],

tested with a old type reservation, and that work. But I have no clue how
to do the flex-id / remote-id.

I tried to configure: "remote-id" : "blatti" but that is not correct.

   "reservations": [
      {
         "hw-address": "a4:ba:db:16:14:82",
         "ip-address": "11.91.26.126"