[Kea-users] KEA SUPPORT DHCPv4 OVER NETCONF

Tomek Mrugalski tomek at isc.org
Tue May 11 17:08:32 UTC 2021

On 06.05.2021 14:39, Tomek Mrugalski wrote:
> On 06.05.2021 09:26, Onur GURSOY wrote:
>> I saw this
>> example: https://kb.isc.org/docs/building-a-kea-testbed-with-netconf
>> <https://kb.isc.org/docs/building-a-kea-testbed-with-netconf>.
>>
>> I'm wondering one thing:
>> Is it possible to use kea dhcpv4 server with sysrepo with netopeer for
>> using over netconf ?
> It should be, although you'd need to use older sysrepo 0.8.7 version.
> There were some substantial changes in the sysrepo architecture when
> when jumped from 0.8.x to 1.3.x (with apparently no versions in between)
> and Kea hasn't been updated for it yet.
My mistake. That really should be 0.7.8. The installation instructions
may be a bit outdated, so some experimentation may be necessary. Section
21.2
(https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-1.8.2/arm/netconf.html#installing-netconf)
has links to wiki that has CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 18 specific notes. Those
may possibly be useful.

Tomek