[Kea-users] Prevent lease storage for some subnets

dp-web4 at dpotter.com dp-web4 at dpotter.com
Sat Jul 17 12:31:39 UTC 2021

Hi all.

Our network has a lot of /30 and /31 subnets, designed for a single
device on a single switchport. So our kea configuration includes lots of
subnets with only 1 address in the DHCP pool. We currently issue
addresses using the DHCP relay address, and this works very well.

But we have some mobile devices that move from port to port, and they
occasionally cannot receive an address because the last device to attach
to that switchport is still holding the lease.

We would like to configure kea to prevent it from storing leases for
these subnets:  if another device attaches to that switchport, we'd like
kea to re-issue the address.  (Note that we also have some traditional
networks, and we prefer kea to record and track leases normally for
those subnets).

Is this behavior currently supported?  Or will it require new
development or external integration to remove the lease from the
database?

Thank you,
David Potter