[Kea-users] buffer4_receive hook

Munroe Sollog mus3 at lehigh.edu
Thu Dec 9 16:05:21 UTC 2021

Referencing this documentation:

https://reports.kea.isc.org/dev_guide/de/df3/dhcpv4Hooks.html#dhcpv4HooksBuffer4Receive

It says

 "this callout is executed when the server has received a buffer containing
a DHCPv4 message, but the message hasn't yet been parsed. The sole argument
"query4" contains a pointer to the isc::dhcp::Pkt4 object, which contains
the source and destination address of the received packet, the interface
over which the packet has been received, and a raw buffer, stored in the
data_ field, containing the DHCPv4 message in the wire format. None of the
packet fields (op_, hlen_, chaddr_, etc.) are set yet. Callouts installed
on this hook point can modify the data in the received buffer. The server
will parse the buffer afterwards."

I am trying to gain access to the actual raw buffer stored in the "data_"
field, but based on this documentation, the only object I have access to is
the isc::dhcp::Pkt4 object, which doesn't seem to have a method to expose
the buffer.

If anyone has some clarity on this I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

--
Munroe Sollog (He/Him/His)
Network Architect
munroe at lehigh.edu