[Kea-users] Lease storage memfile disable

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Sat Sep 26 09:29:40 UTC 2020

Marcin Romanowski writes:
> In my small environment I have all hosts in reserved table. If there is no
> host it wouldn't get address.
> Hosts from reservation get lease fo 24h an this lesae is stored in memfile
> for this time. Is it possible to turn off storing leases in kea?

=> essentially the DHCP protocol is about assigning leases to clients so
Kea is just doing its job. If the lease file is really useless I suggest
to set the persist flag of the lease-database configuration to false:
this will make the lease database only in memory. Reference 8.2.2.1
Memfile - Basic Storage for Leases in the ARM (or 9.2.2.1 if you use
DHCPv6, the ARM is the Kea Administrator Reference Manual at
https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ and the persist flag is the first
documented parameter).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>