[Kea-users] MySQL Error

Pizu pizpower at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:54:34 UTC 2020

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply.

inline comments.

Regards,

David

On Fri, 29 May 2020 at 11:32, Marcin Siodelski <marcin at isc.org> wrote:

> David,
>
> Since you're currently running Kea 1.6.0, I should make it clear that
> currently Stork works only with Kea versions 1.7.3 and later. This is
> because it makes heavy use of the status-get control command which was
> introduced in 1.7.3.
>
> For now we would like to work with the stable versions, I installed the
1.6.0 but willing to go to 1.6.2.
We would like to have stork in order to have a GUI where we can manage the
subnets rather then editing the config file manually since we we are going
to have multiple servers.

> We're aware that it causes trouble for people running stable Kea 1.6.0.
> The 1.7.x branch of Kea is a development/experimental branch and is
> basically meant for testing rather than running in production. However,
> please note that Stork is also on its early version and there are still
> many things to be ironed out before we can fully support it. We're still
> to make some decisions whether Kea 1.8.0 will be required to run Stork
> or we will back port some necessary changes to 1.6.0 to work with Stork.
> For now, I can merely recommend testing Stork with the latest Kea 1.7.8
> release.

I understand now, I thought that i need a mysql backend in order to have
the stork running together.