[Kea-users] Modify the DDNS FQDN format from DHCP4

rainmusings rainmusings at gmail.com
Tue May 5 01:22:16 UTC 2020

Modify the DDNS FQDN format from DHCP4
Kea version : 1.6.2 Services used: DHCP4 , DHCP-DDNS Issue: I would like to
modify how the default FQDN is generated in the DHCP4 server for DDNS
update. By default we have the -. [eg abc-x.x.x.x.mnp.com]. I would like to
generate the same using mac address instead of ip-address [eg
abc-macaddress.mnp.com]

Is there any configuration that is available to achieve this?

Can someone please let me know if I will be able to write a hook to achieve
this.

Ps: I referred to following mail threads but am not able to access the bug
tickets mentioned in them.

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/kea-users/2016-January/000205.html
http://kea-users.7364.n8.nabble.com/Kea-users-Issue-with-DDNS-updates-td229.html#a234
Thanks Varsha