[Kea-users] i do not understand the concept of shared networks

Giso Kegel giso.kegel at cloud.ionos.com
Tue Mar 10 13:14:49 UTC 2020

Hi Folks,

I work with kea 1.6.1

I really do not understand the concept or at leased the documentation
regarding shared-networks.
Do i need shared-networks or not?
I do not have the problem that I have networks that grew out of there
original definition.

https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/arm/dhcp4-srv.html

lets say i have 50+ subnet4 that will ask the kea dhcp server over dhcp
relayhosts (a swtich).

All these subnet4 will hold only server that have a IP-reservation.

Do i need multi shard networks?
Can or do i have to put these 50+ networks in multi shared networks?
Do i have to use different interfaces  for each shared network?

I would be very thankful for some enlightenment.

Best
Giso