[Kea-users] New user - can't seem to make my DDNS updates work?

Oscar Carlsson oscar at spindel.tax
Thu Dec 31 12:50:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

I've tried changing kea d2 (to not use tsig) and knot (updated the acl to not
use tsig) but it seems to be unchanged - no DDNS updates.

I've tried using knsupdate without tsig and it worked as expected.

I've double checked the documentation for my verson (d2 is 1.6.2) and these
are the supported RFCs:

* Secret Key Transaction Authentication for DNS (TSIG), _RFC 2845_
Dynamic Updates in the Domain Name System (DNS UPDATE), _RFC 2136_
* Resolution of Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) Conflicts among Dynamic
Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Clients, _RFC 4703_
* A DNS Resource Record (RR) for Encoding Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
(DHCP) Information (DHCID RR), _RFC 4701_

Could it be something else - like the fact that my Knot authoritative server
is running on a non-standard port?  Or that I have an unbound instance running
at port 53, which forwards requests either to Knot (for local zones) or to
pihole (running in a container) which forwards the requests which aren't ads.

Happy new year btw!

BR,
Oscar