[Kea-users] Kea Configuration Backend Example / Documentation

Klaus Steden klausfiend at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 00:25:57 UTC 2020

Hey Kenny,

I can't speak to the experience of using any of the native Kea methods, but
working with the MySQL API has proven effective for us; I would recommend
being extra cautious since whatever application method you use if you go
the MySQL route will have to deal with locking, consistency, etc. concerns
directly.

We were able to build what we needed by consulting the MySQL Kea schema
directly; it should get installed with the application (it's in kea-admin
if you're on Ubuntu/Debian). I found that to be enough for creating
programmatic tools for managing leases/reservations, options should be
reasonably straightforward as well.

cheers,
Klaus