[Kea-users] Add option 43 with allocated IPs to specific host

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Nov 14 00:03:10 UTC 2019

Avoy Nanda writes:
> I want to add option 43 with IP address allocated to a specific host.
> Config file takes static data in the option 43.
>
> How can I dynamically achieve that?
> If there is a hook function to write, can I get some pointer?

=> the last version of Kea (1.7.1) provides this feature:

1676.   [func]          fdupont
        A new hook - flex-option - has been developed. It allows setting
        up DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 option values dynamically, using expression.
        This capability is very useful when you want to generate option
        value procedurally. For details, see new section "Flexible Option
        for Option value settings" in the Kea Administrator Reference
        Manual.
        (Gitlab #219,!523, git 2bf854c029b9b07ee6161bc1fcb4dfdc9846ee42)

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: BTW the hook source code should be easy to back port.