[Kea-users] Host Reservation in Kea 1.5.0

mathiasAichinger mathias.aichinger at easysol.at
Fri May 31 20:24:26 UTC 2019

Hi Jeronimo,

to use the API, I think you need to buy the Premium hook library. An
alternative would be to do all the inserts manually via SQL.

https://jenkins.isc.org/job/Kea_doc/guide/kea-guide.html#host-cmds

The command would be:
https://jenkins.isc.org/job/Kea_doc/guide/kea-guide.html#reference-reservation-add

An example:

{
  "command": "reservation-add",
  "arguments": {
    "reservation": {
      "subnet-id": 3,
      "hw-address": "AAbe9b864392",
      "ip-address": "192.168.225.56",
      "next-server": "192.168.203.7",
      "boot-file-name": "dynamic_bootfiles/AA-be-9b-86-43-92.bin"
    }
  },
  "service": [
    "dhcp4"