[Kea-users] Please share your observations re: Kea performance in production

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Tue Mar 19 18:15:34 UTC 2019

Kea Users,

We test Kea performance in a lab environment, using our open source perfdhcp tool to simulate clients. We know our automated testing doesn’t mimic the behavior of real devices on real networks very well.  Also, we know that many factors in your deployment can affect performance, such as whether you are using High Availability, whether you are using a database backend for leases, and what hooks you are using.  We would like to focus our efforts for Kea 1.7 (the release after the one we are working on now) on performance improvements.

We need some data points from your real production networks to help us identify what to focus on.

Please take 5 minutes to fill out the attached anonymous survey on Kea performance in your deployment.  Even if you don’t particularly care about performance in your environment, it may be useful for other users to be able to see what hardware you are using.

At the end of the survey, you will be able to see a summary of the responses to date. After we see responses tapering off, in about a month, we will post a link to a summary of responses here.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FGWRGN5

Thank you!

Victoria Risk
Product Manager